:: Friday, August 24, 2007 ::

Arachnophilia



Slint
Live at Glasgow ABC
August 20th 2007

Slint must be one of the most name-dropped bands around. Even support act Aidan Moffat (formerly of Arab Strap) said he had been waiting to see them for 18 years. It was the first gig for Moffat and his new band Aidan Moffat & The Best-Ofs. They played a short drummerless set which did nothing for me to be honest.

Slint are a funny band. They recorded an album 'Spiderland' which was regarded as a seminal masterpiece and split up before it was even released. Now, years later, they are back together. The gig was for ages 14+ but I never saw anyone under the age of about 20 there and most of the audience were old gits like me.

They played Spiderland in its entirety. It was fantastic to hear the songs played extremely loud and something of their eerie quality was captured. They finished off with a cluster of other songs.

Not an essential gig, but enjoyable. Sonic Youth the following night would have been nice too.

Labels: ,


:: Alister | 9:40 am | save this page to del.icio.us Save This Page | permalink⊕ | |

1 Comments:

This was indeed a great gig..too bad you must have never seen me there as I'm only 17 myself =D Got to the very front of the stage to watch them and I was blown away..

There's some pictures from that night on my blog if you want to check them out =]

Davie

By Blogger David, at 12:36 am  

Post a Comment


This is an archived story. See current posts here!