:: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 ::

Dawkins Creek

Amusing question and answer with Richard Dawkins in the Independent.

"Does your wife ever say "Bless you" after you sneeze, just to annoy you? DOUG MACKENZIE DODDS, Reading

Bless you, I'd have to be dreadfully literal-minded to be annoyed by that. What do you take me for, one of those people who sends Christmas cards to The Archers?"


and..

"You backed an anti-war candidate in the last election. Would you be happier if Saddam Hussein were still in power? ANTHONY SHEEN, Macclesfield

Oh, how silly of me. You see, I had this foolish memory that Saddam Hussein was given an ultimatum on the eve of war that if he surrendered his weapons of mass destruction war would be averted. Silly me, I thought that meant the purpose of the war was to remove his WMD. Oh, so now I understand. All along, the purpose of the war to to remove Saddam Hussein. Oh, I see (copyright: J Cleese). Now the Taliban are coming back to power, because Bush and Blair took their eye off Afghanistan and charged into Iraq instead. You know, horrible as Saddam Hussein was, I believe I'd rather have him than the Taliban. Last week in Afghanistan, a teacher was disembowelled and torn to pieces by four motorbikes pulling in opposite directions, for the religious crime of teaching girls algebra.
I don't think even Saddam Hussein executed people for teaching girls algebra."


:: Alister | 11:46 am | save this page to del.icio.us Save This Page | permalink⊕ | |

1 Comments:

I like it. Have you noticed there's a bit of an anti-Dawkins backlash from some atheists, saying that his is a dogma much like religion is a dogma. I don't agree, I'm with him all the way.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 pm  

Post a Comment


This is an archived story. See current posts here!