:: Thursday, February 27, 2003 ::

I love this quote, found here.

"I am resigned to the fact that most professional readers (members of revolutionary organisations including my own) will feel ill-served by this book. I can only declare that I have made the best effort I am capable to be non-sectarian. I wish to give no comfort whatsoever to those tyros, theorem-provers and stamp-collectors who prefer a rote-learnt and pointless quarrel about something that happened in Korea when they were in nappies to the real problems of the present. Such people are the political equivalents of drivers going through a town centre using only their rear-view mirrors, and deserve the same fate."

David Widgery, May 1973, in the foreword to his book The Left in Britain 1956-1968 (Peregrine/Penguin).


:: Alister | 3:55 pm | save this page to del.icio.us Save This Page | permalink⊕ | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This is an archived story. See current posts here!