:: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 ::

The Bands Played Waltzing Matilda

It's Australia Day. There are lots of reasons to have reservations about that, if you are a lefty Australian (they call it 'Invasion Day'). But for me it is a good excuse to celebrate my love of Australian music. I don't know what it is, but I have always had a thing for Aussie bands.

The Triffids and the Go-Betweens are both favourite bands of mine. 'Born Sandy Devotional' and '16 Lovers Lane' are classic albums. Good lord I even sent away to Australia for a DVD of a documentary about them. Nick Cave can do no wrong of course and there are great bands like the Saints, the Hoodoo Gurus and Men at Work (natch).

So Happy Australia Day and down with imperialism and all that bad stuff, mate.







Labels:


:: Alister | 8:37 pm | save this page to del.icio.us Save This Page | permalink⊕ | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This is an archived story. See current posts here!